The company operates a straightforward quality assurance program including the following parts:
- Purchasing quality assured raw materials
- Operating “Good Manufacturing Practices” in the factory.
- Operating controlled distribution.
- Maintaining high standards of hygiene for personnel, premises and equipment.
- Improving product quality and customer service by eliminating the causes of complaints from poor products or service.
- Detailed attention to employee training ensuring that each employee understands that they are responsible for the quality and hygiene of Beef produced and sold and that they must understand what specifications and standards are required.
- Food must be protected from risk of contamination.
- Organisms must be prevented from multiplying to an extent, which would expose consumers to risk, or result in premature decomposition of food.
- All potential hazards and their risks of occurrence must be identified and the necessary controls effected as a preventive measure.
- If any issues have occurred, the cause of any problems must be detected and analysed, to serve as a basis for future prevention.
The basic quality & hygiene mission is to meet the high standards of quality & hygiene demanded by both customers and legislation for all our products and to be able to demonstrate, through our actions, due diligence in all we do.
Laboratories – The need to undertake analysis of product and work surfaces has been recognised as a critical factor to our product quality and safety objectives and the company employs the services of a UKAS accredited Laboratory for environmental swabs, water monitoring and product testing. The QA Manager, or designated deputy, will take all test samples and forward them to the laboratory for analysis. Product is tested as per industry standard and by requirements of MHS to EC standards and all cleaning/hygiene standards are tested weekly including a minimum of three work surfaces which are randomly selected for testing. Water samples sent for analysis to ensure full EC standards are taken from different points in the building throughout the year. Shelf life testing is completed annually accompanied with organoleptic assessment along with periodical tests that are taken from staff hands.